Corfu is known for its aristocratic past, making it one of the most intriguing islands in Greece. From its links with mythological characters to being home to European royalty, the location’s cultural heritage under Venetian, French and British rule can be seen in its wonderful architecture in Corfu Town. This verdant land also boasts natural beauty, with an amazing coastline of fabulous beaches and acres of fertile orchards and olive groves. An inspiring destination full of interesting sites, it appeals to every kind of visitor.
- Visit the Achilleion Palace in Gastouri, once home to Empress Elisabeth of Austria, also known as Princess Sisi.
- Wander around the Old Town, a Unesco World Heritage-listed site and soak up the history at each turn.
- Check out the cricket score as you take a horse-andcarriage ride ride past The Spianada, a broad park with its own cricket pitch.
The Old Venetian Fortress
- 1.05” flight from Athens
- More than 3 flights daily from Athens
- Daily ferries from Igoumenitsa, Patra and nearby islands
- Via helicopter
Best connected with
Ferry to Paxi, Lefkada, Ithaca, Kefalonia
April to November