There is much more to Greece than Athens and its islands, so why not take your seat for a road trip with a difference and explore Central & Northern Greece.
From the spectacle of Ancient Delphi to the winter wonderland of Arahova and Karpenisi and on to the island charms of Evia and Skyros. Whether you love culture, walking, swimming or any other kind of outdoor activity, in Central Greece you’ll discover the heartbeat of Greece.
So whether you’re off to Delphi, Mt Parnassos, known as the “Mountain of the Light”, Galaxidi, Karpenisi, Evia or Skyros, prepare to discover a world that never fails to leave you feeling energised.
To explore Northern Greece you can start from Thessaloniki, the second largest city in the country and a destination brimming with history and culture, offering easy access to ancient Pella, Vergina and Mount Olympus. Don’t miss a visit to Chalkidiki and its beautiful beaches. and then drive south to arrive at magnificent Meteora, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and spiritual destination of unsurpassed beauty.
Eclectic Tips for Central Greece:
- Don’t miss a visit to Delphi, considered the navel of the world by the ancient Greeks.
- Visit the tiny port of Galaxidi with its many attractive sea-captains’ houses.
Eclectic Tips for Norther Greece:
- Discover the birthplace of Alexander the Great
- Taste the wares of the traditional Modiano Market
- Explore the traditional tavernas with live music at Ladadika
Getting to Thessaloniki
35’ flight from Athens 5 hours by road
Best connected with
All major road networks and Athens International Airport
All year round